[ANSTHRLD] Asterisk?

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at bmc.com
Thu Apr 25 11:53:05 PDT 2002

>..Every other kingdom has a deputy to the deputy of the deputy
>>>

>Technically, Tec, Ansteorra's aren't deputies to each other.  They're a =
>sequence: Armillary (encouraging submissions) to Asterisk (ILoI) to =
>Bordure (LoI, LoC) (lateral to Orle for commentary here, although not =
>usually on our own submissions) to Arbalest (letters of notification =

What Arbalest does is easy to remember.  Arbalest handles stuff that gets
shot down.  After that position had been up and running awhile, Arbalest
also took on notifying submitters whose stuff passed.  If Arbalest had to
hand out bad news, it's kinda nice to be able to hand out the good news,
too!

Some of the other titles also take visual reminders from the Ansteorran
device.  Star (principal herald) is in the center of everything.  Asterisk
started out in the early 80s as deputy to Star.  So Asterisk was not quite
the Star, who was in the center of everything.  Now Asterisk is the
internal part of the submission process.  Bordure is the external half.
Orle also deals with external stuff, but isn't Bordure.

Hmmm... now that you mention it, a "what kingdom herald does what" list on
the web page would be a good thing...

>I guess we need so many because we don't have anyone who will look up =
>things in two books while running two conflict checks, at least not =
>very often. :-D

"... and not burn out."  That's an important factor!

Mari