[ANSTHRLD] Asterisk?

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Thu Apr 25 13:54:23 PDT 2002

> ..Every other kingdom has a deputy to the deputy of the deputy
> >>

> Technically, Tec, Ansteorra's aren't deputies to each other.  They're a sequence: Armillary (encouraging submissions) to Asterisk (ILoI) to Bordure (LoI, LoC) (lateral to Orle for commentary here, although not usually on our own submissions) to Arbalest (letters of notification and being sure submitters get good help with resubmissions).  They are co-equals in the Submissions Arm of the Ansteorran CoH, and all are equally deputies to the Star Principal Herald.

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I figured i was justifying stuff to the CoA so I
needed to be in charge of the gang (of two, but I'm trying for three).  I got
these nasty thoughts about having to override someone else without clear
authority or worse, having a feud which hurt the submitters...
I'm in awe that you've managed to seperate the job so well over there.

> I guess we need so many because we don't have anyone who will look up things in two books while running two conflict checks, at least not very often. :-D

I'm only the second ... third Lions Blood to have anyone else helping on
an official basis, and we're still only having someone else compose and I
review and fix before publication.  The idea of splitting the submissions
job up was rather daunting, and it still has a LOT of problems, like
sometimes a submission passing Laurel before the submitter's file gets all
its bits back into the same folder and the occasional, "what documentation?
I didn't seen any documentation!".

I'd do the whole job, but have to consider employed successors.

- Teceangl, the submissions autocrat in the truest sense of the word
--
 "We'll have to squash that rumor!   Wait . . . I started it . . . ."
					                 - a certain Herald