[ANSTHRLD] Asterisk?

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Thu Apr 25 15:05:16 PDT 2002

> Unfortunately, on this Earth you can't assume your republic will have
> only angels.  In fact, with good enough people the structure is
> irrelevant; if An Tir submissions were handled by Teceangl, David of
> Moffat, and Zenobia, frex, submissions would flow regardless of who
> did what.  Aka "with the right power and angle of attack, you can make
> a barn door fly".

You have NO idea how hard I'm laughing about that.  Lessee, Zenobia would be
waving around some period examples, David would have spent much time finding
exact counter-examples and would be waving them back, and I'd be in the
middle saying, "I hate it but cannot justify not sending it along unless
we can come to a *clear* consensus!"  We'd end up with seven hour meetings.

I do regret not having Zenobia as an internal commenter at this time, but
have had enough experience at the Wreath meetings that I'm beginning to
believe I'd have regretted it more with both her and David commenting.
It's hard enough overruling him every so often...  <shudder>

I think I know why I'm so reluctant to split the office, though.

- Teceangl
--
  A knowledge of Sanskrit is of little use to a man trapped in a sewer.