[ANSTHRLD] Need contact information

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at bmc.com
Wed Apr 3 10:55:26 PST 2002

>Dallas County has a population of over 2 million people.  Tarrant
>County has a population of about 1.4 million.  The DFW Metropolitan
>Area has a population of over 5 million people, so that gets Collin
>County &c; I don't think Fort Worth has suburbs sprawling outside the
>Tarrant County line.  Fort Worth is larger than I'd thought, but it's
>still 30% of the total.

Ah!  The Texas definition of "small":  1.4 million people.

Cool trivia:  Did you know that it's 90 miles shorter to drive from Dallas
to St. Louis than it is to drive from Dallas to El Paso?  Dallas to St.
Louis is 890 miles.  Dallas to El Paso is 980 miles.  And Dallas to D.C. is
only a little over 1300 miles.  So, wouldn't that put Texarkana about 1/2
way from El Paso to D.C.?  It boggles the mind...

Mari
(who really has driven the entire loop around the DFW area.  It took
something like 2 to 3 hours in 1992 on a day with no traffic.  I cringe to
think of how long it would take now...)