[ANSTHRLD] Need contact information

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at bmc.com
Thu Apr 4 11:50:23 PST 2002

>> Mari
>> (who really has driven the entire loop around the DFW area.  It
>> took something like 2 to 3 hours in 1992 on a day with no
>> traffic.  I cringe to think of how long it would take now...)
>

>        What?!? There actually was a day as recently as 1992 when there
>was no traffic on the loop?
>
>        I'm having trouble with that one.

Surprised me, too!

I'd just been laid off, so I was running errands around 10AM in the
morning.  It was also some "middle of the week" day.  A Tuesday or
Thursday, I think.

I'd hit the National Archives in Fort Worth when they opened and had
finished stuff there.  So, the morning rush hour was done and the lunch one
hadn't quite started.  I was heading back to Irving and hit road
construction (is there ever a year there ISN'T construction?), so I went a
different route.  By the time I figured out that I was headed away from
Irving, I figured "what the heck" and did the loop to watch the scenery.

At that point, peaceful scenery was just what the doctor ordered.

I once looped the beltway in D.C. in 2 hours as well.  But that really
_was_ at 2am.  I dropped a friend off at her house in Lanham, MD after a
meeting at my house in VA.  On the way there, we saw a backup going the
other way.  It was caused by construction and went on for miles and miles.
My guess was that the backup was 3 hours long.  Rather than get stuck in
it, I looped the beltway and actually saved time.

Mari