[ANSTHRLD] Offensive Armoury

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Thu Aug 22 00:05:46 PDT 2002

Keyna scripsit:

> This is my opinion, and if you want to call it professional I don't know.
> work with animals for a living. and you would never see an eagle with an
> infant in it's talons. It makes it appear that the eagle killed the infant
> by tearing it in half. Eagles hunt rodents, birds, snakes and such. In
> period eagles did not kill infants.

     What real-life animals do in their spare time doesn't have a lot to do
with heraldry.  I'm pretty sure no lions in period wielded swords, but that
didn't keep them from being depicted doing so in armory.

Your honours in dutie.

Brendan Pilgrim
----
Or, a winged elephant segreant counter-ermine, winged azure, maintaining in
its trunk a garden rosebud gules, slipped vert.