[ANSTHRLD] Blazon help

PKieferjr at aol.com PKieferjr at aol.com
Thu Aug 15 20:59:58 PDT 2002

In a message dated 8/15/02 8:06:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
bridgid at zamigo.net writes:

> So far I am thinking: Azure, mullet of four points aregent in chief with
> goblet sable over, bordure argent with ten mullets of four points.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/stonebridgekeep/unpub.html

What you are looking at is "Azure, in canton, on a mullet of four points
argent within a bourdure argent mullety of four points azure, a goblet
sable."

Your bordure is way too narrow.  That's a cause for a return.  Widen that
bordure and, subsequently, make the mullets on the bordure slightly larger
and you'll have a better chance of passing it.

Now, checking the online O & A program, this was the closest thing that it
could come up with when checking for both the bordure and the charged mullet:

"Azure, on a sun argent two lizards statant in annulo vert, on a bordure
argent five palm fronds vert."

I count one CD for the sun vs. mullet-4 pts., one for the charge in the
center vs. in canton and one for the tertiaries of goblet vs. lizards statant
in annulo plus five palm fronds vs. semy of mullets-4 pts.  It would be clear
of this blazon.

Checking against the mullet alone, the closest appears to be:

"Azure, on a mullet of four points within an orle of wake knots argent a
Viking longship sable."

I count one CD for orle of wake knots sable vs. bourdure, one for the mullet
in the center vs. in canton, one for the longship vs. goblet and one more for
removing the mullet-4-pt. tertiary.  Also clear.

Checking against the bordure alone, there are way too many examples that show
that you have at least two or three CDs concerning the position of the
primary charge, a difference of the type of primary charge and the difference
of the tertiary on the bordure, so that's clear.

So, so far, only the narrow bordure mullety of four points would be the
killer.  Everything else appears to be okay.

Lord Johann Kiefer Hayden    Paul E. Kiefer, Jr.
Halberd Pursuivant                Taxman, nice guy, Longhorn and other
things.
Barony of Bryn Gwlad            pkieferjr at aol.com
Kingdom of Ansteorra            "A Smith-and-Wesson beats five aces."