[ANSTHRLD] Offensive Armoury

Ray Smith rayasmith at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 20 16:34:04 PDT 2002

I think, based on my initial reaction just from reading the blazon, that it would be considered offensive.  And, from my (limited) experience, period doesn't necessarily mean non-offensive...a swastika comes to mind - perfectly good period heraldry, but specifically mentioned as not allowed.
Andre
 Paul Haines wrote:I don't think this would really be offensive to heraldic standards. It may
offend some of our more delicate sensibilities, but there is an example in
Fox-Davies of the "Arms of the Visconti, Dukes of Milan: Argent, a serpent
azure, devouring a child gules." I'm not any more (or less) offended at the
thought of an eagle with a baby torn in half than I am of a snake eating a
baby, so I'd say send it up.

In service,
Alden Bordure