[ANSTHRLD] another badge help

Richard Culver rbculver at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 13 18:42:30 PST 2002

>Sorting that mess out is rather like playing cards
>with James T. Kirk.  Could you please list the blazon
>of each item you wish checked so we are sure that
>will look for the right things?
>
>Magnus

   Sorry Magnus, I do not intentionally try to make heralds' lives hard.
The most important to address is:" Fieldless, a phoenix per pale gule and
Or, maintaining (? in the beak) a ring sable.

   I am not even sure how to blazon the other badges (possibly the first
sign of a problem).

   The background of the Defender badge would be a sword, a rapier (epee),
and an arrow, all black, arranged like the Huntsman arrows, for example:

      \ | /
       \|/
       /|\
      / | \

    The best blazon _I_ can think of (not being known for my herald work) is
:Fieldless, in saltire a sword and rapier, surmounted by an arrow, all
sable, overall a phoenix per pale gules and Or.
    How's that for hack job?:)

  The Artisan badge background would be a strung sewing needle and a
calligraphy quill, in black, crossed in saltire.
   My best shot at this one is:  Fieldless, in saltire a stringed sewing
needle and (calligrapher's) quill sable, overall (or surmounted by) a
phoenix per pale gules and Or.

   As mentioned above the first one, which is to be the cantonial badge, is
the most important.  The other two are wants which can be worked out with
consultation on our part.

thanks again,
Cyniric