[ANSTHRLD] another badge help

Jim Trigg blaise at heraldsnet.org
Thu Feb 14 08:16:20 PST 2002

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 09:52:48AM -0600, Richard Culver wrote:
> > "(Fieldless) a phoenix per pale gules and Or, holding in its beak a
> > ring sable."
> >
> > Drugan Draganov June of 2000:
> > "Per bend sinister Or and gules, a Russian firebird displayed
> > counterchanged."
> > There is a CD for fieldless.  There should be one also for per pale
> > gules and Or bird vs per bend sinister gules and Or for the bird.
> > These two are too close together for my liking even though there is a
> > technical CD.
>
>    Would something more like: Fieldless, a phoenix per pale gule and Or
> conjoined at base and within an annulus sable, make it any more
> distinguishable?  We like our phoenix and the sable ring had some early
> meaning for the revived group.

Blazon fu: "(fieldless) A phoenix per pale gules and Or within and
conjoined at the base to an annulet sable."  ("Within and conjoined" is
the standard blazon phrasing, and I feel flows better.)

Yes, that is more distinguishable -- the annulet is now a secondary
charge (worth difference) instead of a maintained charge (not worth
difference).

Blaise
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-    /"\
SKA Seigneur Blaise de Cormeilles           \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN