[ANSTHRLD] badge help

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Wed Feb 13 21:12:45 PST 2002

On 13 Feb 2002 at 22:55, Jennifer Smith wrote:

(Yeah, I'm following myself up, it's late...)
> As I read the above return, a mount *is* considered a peripheral
> ordinary (whether or not it should be is the debate).  So far I've
> managed to come up with the following precedents:

I re-read this, and understand NOW that Tecangle was referring to the
proposed badge, with a mountain couped.  So yes, by the current
precedents, a mount couped is not clearly considered a primary
charge. (Head hurt, head hurt)

> 	A trimount is equivalent to a base enarched to chief... (Jaelle of
> 	Armida, LoAR May 1997, p. 8)
>
> ...but not to a plain base? Implying (but not stating outright) that
> a trimount is essentially a type of complex line base.

Likewise, I didn't catch myself here -- there's no CD between a plain
line and an enarched line, since the latter may only be an artistic
variant (curvature of the shield and all that).  But I still wonder
about "three big jaggy bits" being equivalent to a flat line. Not to
*me*, they aren't, but I don't have enough period sources to find out
what period heralds thought.

-Emma
--
Jennifer Smith