[ANSTHRLD] Ansteorran Submissions at War

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Tue Feb 19 07:22:26 PST 2002

>I thought the reason that Ansteorra was not taking submissions at
>Gulf War was to give Asterisk a change to catch up without the
>additional load of War submissions?   If what I remember is true,
>how does having a particular branch of the Kingdom taking submission
>further that goal?

A reasonable question.  I had walked away from the online discussion with the idea that we were not taking them mostly because we did not have an armillary herald at the moment.

>Why just Elfsea?  Why has there been no discussion or call for
>help on this list?    And has anyone talked to Asterisk?

I've organized the staff from Elfsea because :
1) They are the easiest for me to reach and talk to.
2) Because the H,S & I Guild in Elfsea were the ones who brought up to me doing this project.
3) Because just like when the Kingdom has done it in the past, our treasurer wants to make sure that those accepting submissions and hence handling baronial monies are known to her.

I have not discussed this with Asterisk yet because I presumed that the load would be the same if someone completed a packet at war, took it home and gave it to their local herald, which was my understanding of the previous plan.

If this is a problem, we can still scrub the plan, but as noted above I was not found of us writing off taking submissions at Our War.

Timothy