[ANSTHRLD] badge help

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Fri Feb 15 18:12:55 PST 2002

> Ok... I'm really sure of myself or I would never question you but, I count 1 CD for change in field, and 1 CD for position, as Eldern Hills position is non-forced and there would be a difference for any other charge in base vs in the center of the field.

Unforced moves only count if the move is not forced in both pieces of armory.
Eldern Hills' mountain is where it must be.

It was that whole discussion on mountain versus tierce which causes the
problem.  Laurel specifically ruled that a mountain issues from base and
even though it *can* be couped and moved about on the field, if it's issuant
from base it's considered to be forced there and no position CD exists.
I argued myself azure for a move CD, but period evidence failed to support
the argument.
If "Argent, a tierce gules" conflicts with "Argent, a mountain gules" with
one CD for type of charge, then "Per fess embattled azure and argent, a
mountain issuant from the line of division gules" will conflict with that
same "Argent, a mountain gules" because that mountain, by type, is forced
to be exactly where it is and hence no CD for placement exists.

I really appreciate the counterpoints.  But until we can get period evidence
that mountains moved around the field in period armory, I don't think we're
going to overturn this.  Note that in the September LoAR Wreath *asked* for
more evidence.  By all means, if you can find it, submit it.  Nobody liked
making that conflict call.

- Teceangl
--
     The sun, moon, and stars are for the birds -- a big naught.
                    Flora rose cross and ate flour.