[ANSTHRLD] D'Etcheverry name questions

Jim Trigg blaise at heraldsnet.org
Wed Jan 30 18:11:03 PST 2002

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 05:49:53PM -0800, Ray Smith wrote:

> Hey all.  I've got a couple of clients here (husband & wife) who are
> submitting new names here, and I've got one or two quick questions.
>
> 1.He's using "An Index to the Given Names in the 1292 Census of Paris" as
> documentation for his names - the url is
> http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/names/paris.html - for Jean and Paul.
> Is this page on the Laurel's no-copy list, or is just including the url
> sufficient on his summary?

All pages physically located on www.sca.org/heraldry are no-copy, so
just the URL is needed.  (If the URL does not start with
"http://www.sca.org/heraldry" or a reasonable facsimile thereof, you
need to include more -- printouts of the main index page, and the sheet
of the page showing the name.)

> 2.He and his wife are using the name "D'Etcheverry", using the
> mundane-name allowance (it's her maiden name, which is her middle name
> according to her driver's licence).  Is he able to register D'Etcheverry
> using her mundame name allowance (and if so, does he need to include
> something like a copy of the marriage licence), or not?

No, but once her name is registered, he might be able to get it with the
Grandfather Clause.

Blaise
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-    /"\
SKA Seigneur Blaise de Cormeilles           \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN