[ANSTHRLD] Marshalled/ Not Marshalled arms

tmcd at jump.net tmcd at jump.net
Fri Jan 11 08:58:06 PST 2002

Magnus / "doug bell" <magnus77840 at hotmail.com> wrote:
] We don't do this in the SCA because of presumption to claim
] something that you haven't earned.

Teceangl <tierna at agora.rdrop.com> wrote:
> Mind you, displaying correctly marshalled arms is a fine period
> practice.  You just can't register them.

To clarify: we indeed don't *register* marshalled arms (what Magnus
miswrote as "we don't do this").  Not only is displaying marshalled
arms a fine period practice, *display* is also allowed in the SCA,
and many would encourage it.  Indeed, it's something that we do do.

> If the bars are truly counterchanged, meaning they're ermined where
> they ought to be, then calling the device proposal is rather absurd,
> in my opinion.

Oddly, I think that either deleting a word or adding a word both make
that sentence correct, but in two different ways.

If the bars are truly counterchanged, meaning they're ermined where
they ought to be, then the device proposal is rather absurd, in my
opinion.

If the bars are truly counterchanged, meaning they're ermined where
they ought to be, then calling the device proposal "marshalled" is
rather absurd, in my opinion.

Daniel de Lincolia
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.
up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka Korpela)