[ANSTHRLD] A name

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 21 19:39:55 PST 2002

> > I am a new and little and uneducated herald in the position of trying to
> > serve my Canton of Gate's Edge.  A lady in our canton has been trying to
> > research documentation of the name:   Alialael  (pronounced
> > ah-LEE-ah-lay-EL) She has found documentation for "Alia" at the Saint
> > Gabriel site but not for the second part of that name.  This will be the
> > first name of her personnae the second is a Scotch surname and is easily
> > documentable.  Can you advise me for her?  Thank you.

I would recommend all read these St Gabriel reports on Alia.  There would be
problems using with a Scots surname,
possibly to the point of being unregisterable.
http://www.panix.com/~gabriel/public-bin/archive.cgi
ACADEMY OF SAINT GABRIEL REPORT 2353
ACADEMY OF SAINT GABRIEL REPORT 2136
ACADEMY OF SAINT GABRIEL REPORT 991

Alialael is not in the SCA accepted or returned names,
St Gabriel's reports, their library, or anywhere on
the internet according to Google.

I would view this one with skeptical raised eyebrows,
kindof the look Gandalf gives Samwise when caught in the
act.

Magnus