[ANSTHRLD] Supporters

Tim McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Mon Jan 21 22:07:17 PST 2002

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Kristy Cook <k2cook at prodigy.net> wrote:
> I have read "The Complete Guide to Heraldry", and now I have more
> questions than answers!

Welcome to heraldry.  Here's your accordion.

Please realize that there are substantial differences between SCA
heraldry and real-world heraldry, so don't be alarmed when you notice
a discrepancy.

> Where am I to find the rules for usage of supporters in SCA
> heraldry?

There aren't any such rules in SCA heraldry.  Achievements of arms --
supporters, mantling, crest, compartment, motto, helm, all the stuff
that's called "heraldic fru-fru" (that is a technical heraldic term,
used only by professionally trained stunt heralds on a closed course.
Do not use at home) -- is not regulated by Laurel.

Some kingdoms have various regulations on some or all of those.  If
you have questions aboutanyspecific kingdoms, we may be able to say
what the regs are.

For the instant case, Ansteorra,
    http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Aegean/2883/ach_form.gif
has the Ansteorran achievement registration form, from which you can
deduce who has the right to what.

Daniel "livery with at most one fur, livery must have good contrast
(metal+color), any helm but Or, helm facing dexter or same way as
crest, motto, no supporters, no coronet of rank" de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at jump.net;
if that fail, my work address is tmcd at us.ibm.com.