[ANSTHRLD] A special excite game

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Fri Jul 5 07:09:34 PDT 2002

>> Why are people from Elfsea posting blank messages to
>> the heralds list?
>>
>> Sounds like someone has a virus.
>
>It might also be spam, where the Ansteorran mail processor is smart
>enough to strip HTML or attachments or whatever but not to drop the
>entire message.
>
>Daniel, clerk

As the administrator for the privately held elfsea.net domain, and a moderator for an Ansteorra.Org mailing list, I believe you will find these are not actually coming from elfsea.net, but rather are from someone with the Klez virus, and the attachments have been stripped from the messages by the filters on the mailing list server.  All this would take is someone running Outlook who has the spoofed email addresses in their contact list, which is simply since elfsea at ansteorra.org is the mailing list, and baron at elfsea.net is Baron Daniel (formerly Baron Galen).

Timothy

--
American Girls and American Guys
We'll always stand up and salute, we'll always recognize