[ANSTHRLD] Help with Translations

tmcd at jump.net tmcd at jump.net
Tue Jul 9 10:41:53 PDT 2002

"D. Vandever" <hlannes at ev1.net> wrote:
> There is a movement among the populace that we rename the canton to
> something else in light of our new (hopefully impending)status.

"From Charles, by the grace of God King of England, France, Scotland,
and Ireland, Defender of the Faith, to all to whom these letters
patent come, greetings.  Whereas it has pleased us to raise the earl
of Atholl to the style, rank, title, and estate of duke, His Grace
hath informed us that he is dissatisfied with the name of his duchy.
Henceforth it shall be named and styled in all places the Duchy of
Raven's Haven Keep.  Done by our hand ..."
    -- reprinted from June 1627 issue of "The Tressure", the kingdom
       newsletter of the Scotlandrealm

Yes, I know, SCA "nationalism" causes emotions that are hard to argue
with, but to this outsider, it still seems ... odd.

Daniel de Lincolia
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.
up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka Korpela)