[ANSTHRLD] Armory Help

Rod Jackson culn97 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 16 11:58:28 PDT 2002

Greetings, All,

I would like to try to help a Lady register her
armory, but I have a couple of reservations.

She wants, “Purpure, cheveronelles disjointed of
three, in chief, fleur de lis of three Or.”

I questions are these:

I found the cheveronelles disjointed in page 93 of
“Heraldry: Sources, Symbols, and Meaning” by Ottfried
Neubecker.  The illustration is attributed to “a
Dutchman, Jean-Baptiste Rietstap” and published in
Gouda in 1884.  No date for the use of this charge is
given (except prior to 1884).  How would I search to
find when this charge was used?  The Lady does not
particularly care about the time frame, as long as it
is registerable.

The second issue that I have is the presumption of
honors from the Crown of France in the use of the
Fleur de lis.  What, if any are the guidelines?

Thank you for your time and patience.

Your servant,

Colin

=====
Do, or do not.  There is no try. -- Yoda