[ANSTHRLD] Armory Help

Brent.Ryder at compucom.com Brent.Ryder at compucom.com
Tue Jul 16 12:14:08 PDT 2002

> She wants, "Purpure, cheveronelles disjointed of
> three, in chief, fleur de lis of three Or."

A confusing blazon. Do you have a picture?

> I questions are these:
>
> I found the cheveronelles disjointed in page 93 of
> "Heraldry: Sources, Symbols, and Meaning" by Ottfried
> Neubecker.  The illustration is attributed to "a
> Dutchman, Jean-Baptiste Rietstap" and published in
> Gouda in 1884.  No date for the use of this charge is
> given (except prior to 1884).  How would I search to
> find when this charge was used?  The Lady does not
> particularly care about the time frame, as long as it
> is registerable.

I would have to see the charge. Hopefully I will be able to remember to look them up tonight as I have this particular book. It is possible they can be blazoned using more commonly used terms.

> The second issue that I have is the presumption of
> honors from the Crown of France in the use of the
> Fleur de lis.  What, if any are the guidelines?

No more than two Or fleurs-de-lys on an Azure field. As this submitter is not using an Azure field, this is not a problem.

Borek