[ANSTHRLD] Repeal of the Modest Proposal?

Darin Herndon dherndon at bswintl.com
Mon Jun 3 10:53:16 PDT 2002

>>> PKieferjr at aol.com 06/03/02 12:14PM >>>
In a message dated 6/3/02 11:31:31 AM Central Daylight Time,
dherndon at bswintl.com writes:
> The result of this IS that it adds an element of uncertainty at the
> local and kingdom level as we may miss more of these presumptions if
we
> are not intimately familiar with the arms of Scottish clan chiefs.

Wouldn't it have been simpler to list all the RL stuff in the O and A?
For
those of us who don't know everything, that'd be a big help.

I missed what "RL" is an abbreviation for.

Actually, the problems/presumptions in question cannot be listed.  They
are not presumptuous for everyone.  A German, say Hans Faust over in
Brad Leah, could register the arms of Carmichael but Robert Carmichael
couldn't.  That is part of the problem; if they were presumptuous for
everyone (like the arms of the Pope) then they are listed in the O&A.
Things that are conditionally restricted cannot be listed unless they
get registered by someone who can.

Etienne