[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check - Resub - Eleanor Fairchild

Blaise de Cormeilles blaise at s-gabriel.org
Mon Jun 3 15:19:24 PDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 07:11:40AM -0500, Brent.Ryder at compucom.com wrote:

> Argent, a bend azure seme-de-lys argent, cotised gules
>
> The closest thing I can find to it is:
>
> Rowan le Beau, 9803H, "Argent, on a bend cotised azure a lily palewise Or
> between two others argent."
>
> Which has a CD for change of tincture of the cotising and another for
> number and partial tincture change of the tertiaries.

> Let me know if you find any conflicts or if you disagreee with the
> tertiary CD. The submitter does not mind going to a bend sinister and
> does have other ideas if these do not work.

I disagree with the rationale for the tertiary CD.  As less than half
of the tertiary charge group is changing tincture (1 out of either three
or many), the tincture cannot contribute towards a CD.  Fortunately, it
does not have to, as a natural lily is different from a fleur-de-lys,
giving the CD for type and number of tertiary charges.

Blaise
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-    /"\
SKA Seigneur Blaise de Cormeilles           \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN