[ANSTHRLD] conflict check, please

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Thu Jun 13 07:00:16 PDT 2002

> Gules, a lion rampant argent gorged of a rosary Or, a

Rosaries...  Make sure it's a period rosary.  They seem to have had
slightly different forms from modern ones.  A friend of mine did some
research on them and told me for my period I needed to replace the
crucifix with a tassel.  I don't know when cross-ended rosaries were
first used, but it's something to think about.

Wreath has not registered the term "lunel" because it is not satisfactorily
defined as a heraldic term.  The last registration of that motif was blazoned
as "four crescents in cross horns to center and conjoined at the tips".
February 2002, Kateryn Rous.

- Teceangl
--
  A knowledge of Sanskrit is of little use to a man trapped in a sewer.