[ANSTHRLD] Fimbriation Question

Blaise de Cormeilles blaise at s-gabriel.org
Fri Jun 21 11:09:59 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 12:07:14PM -0500, Brent.Ryder at compucom.com wrote:
> Well the question comes down to a matter of whether or not the outline of
> a cross barby is simple enough to fimbriate as per RfS VIII.2.b.3
>
> "......Voiding and fimbriation may only be used with simple geometric
> charges placed in the center of the design."
>
> The charge is in the center of the field, and I would say it is simple. I
> am looking for other opinions on 'simple' for this charge in regards to
> fimbriation.

No, it is not simple enough to fimbriate.  The same standard is used as
for voiding -- if you photo-reduce the charge by 10% and place the
smaller one on top of the larger one, does it look like fimbriation/
voiding?  If so, it's simple enough; if not, it's not.

Blaise
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-    /"\
SKA Seigneur Blaise de Cormeilles           \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN