[ANSTHRLD] Fimbriation Question

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Fri Jun 21 15:06:38 PDT 2002

> Looking for an opinion or precedent here. I have a submittor who would like to have, 'Gules, a cross barby sable fimbriated Or'.
>
> Is a cross barby simple enough to fimbriate? The cross looks like four directional arrows radiating from a common center.

It probably isn't.  These precedents cover similar situations, with the
second dealing with a cross which has an outline very similar to the
cross barby:

     A cross moline is too complex to fimbriate. [Andrew Talbot, 7/99,
     R-Ansteorra]

     [returning a Jerusalem cross fimbriated]    It is Laurel's belief that
     a cross potent, the central cross in a cross of Jerusalem, falls into
     the same "too complex to fimbriate" category as roses and suns.  Even
     were that not felt to be the case, however, the amount of fimbriation,
     of both the cross potent and the four surrounding crosses couped, is
     excessive and sufficient grounds for return in and of itself.
     (Sebastian Blacke, 12/95 p. 22)

- Teceangl
--
  A knowledge of Sanskrit is of little use to a man trapped in a sewer.