[ANSTHRLD] Don't use these books

Brent.Ryder at compucom.com Brent.Ryder at compucom.com
Thu Jun 27 04:23:08 PDT 2002

> Of course you can but I didn't write it.  This is
> Appendix F of the new Admin handbook.  I
> posted the list because Ansteorra has started
> getting submissions from these evil Lovecraftian
> tomes.  We got one from one of Arval's bad pages
> as well, Kate Monk's Onomasticon.
>
> Hopefully this post will eradicate the pest before
> it spreads.

While I agree that these tomes should not be used as documentation, some of them can start you on the road to finding real documentation by giving the possible language(s), location(s), and/or origin(s) a particular name might have come. I would not reccomend this method for anyone who has not been doing Onomastics for a while, and there by know the pitfalls of such information, but it could give you a lead on where to look in a real and reliable onomastic resource.

Borek