[ANSTHRLD] Gurges

Jim Trigg blaise at s-gabriel.org
Fri Jun 7 13:06:41 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 01:02:06PM -0500, Doug Bell wrote:
> The issues the new device faces:
>
> 1. Excessive counterchanging
> There was a 4 division field involved in the excessive counterchanging.
> A 2 division field per chevron was registered.
> Aodhnait ni Amhlaoibh December of 1987 (via Atlantia):
> "Per chevron engrailed azure and argent, three escallops in chevron and
> a gurges counterchanged."
> However a ruling that old is a rotten board to stand on.  I suspect this
> item wouldn't be registered today.  Fields of 2 divisions and gurges
> counterchanged would need a ruling to settle it.  That is why you send
> it up.

Aodhnait's probably would be registered -- the gurges does not lie
across the line of division, so this is a red herring.  It does not
contribute evidence either way toward the question of a gurges
counterchanged across a 2-part line of division.

Blaise
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-    /"\
SKA Seigneur Blaise de Cormeilles           \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN