[ANSTHRLD] Stars

tmcd@jump.net tmcd at jump.net
Mon Mar 18 13:25:07 PST 2002

"+ACI-Ryder, Brent+ACI-" <BRYDER at compucom.com> wrote:
> In going through the Star files, I have found the same heraldic
> titles used for various duties.

I think "that was a feature, not a bug".  I have the impression that
some titles were linked to specific duties (Zodiacus, Actuarius), but
with some, Lord Foo de Bar was Solstice (at the moment) and so the job
duties of Solstice were "whatever Foo happens to be doing right now".
Job functions could shift quickly, so it didn't appear to be a case of
people forgetting the "real meaning" of a title.

Daniel de Lincolia
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.
up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka Korpela)