[ANSTHRLD] conflict checking

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Thu Mar 21 15:56:02 PST 2002

> for the device:  Per chevron argent and gules a dragon segreant sable.
>
> Basil Dragonstrike
>   a.. The following badge associated with this name was registered in March
> of 1981 (via Caid):
>   Argent, semy of flames proper, a dragon segreant sable, garnished Or.

> I found two below that I'm not sure if it clears with.  Basil Dragonstrike -
> 1 CD for the field.  Is there 1 CD for the garnishing?

Nope, it's an artistic detail, like languing.  So this is a conflict.

> Thorkell Oddsson
>   a.. The following device associated with this name was registered in March
> of 1992 (via Ansteorra):
>   Argent, a wingless sea dragon sable between two flaunches gules.

> 1 CD for the field.  Is there 1 CD for a wingless sea dragon and a
> garden-variety dragon?  I would think so, but would like confirmation.

Adding wings to a creature not normally winged is a CD.  Removing wings from
a creature normally winged is a CD.  So you're right.  Three CDs here,
one for change to the field, one for removal of the flaunches, one for
renoval of the wings.

Another conflict:
Eric de Dragonslaire - January of 1996 (via An Tir): (Fieldless) A dragon
salient sable breathing flames gules.

There's a CD for fielded versus fieldlessness, but nothing for segreant
versus rampant/segreant, and nothing for the flames.

- Teceangl
--
                   Annoy not the Sovereigns of arms,
           for you can probably be made to fit into a binder.