[ANSTHRLD] Re: Stars

Chandranath chandra at plumes.org
Sun Mar 10 19:16:25 PST 2002

> It's not clear to me that this is not support.  After all, one would
> expect modern translations to be more accurate than older ones (pace!
> to those who hold that "if the King James Bible was good enough for
> Jesus, it's good enough for me"), so maybe there were people who would
> have interpreted it as "rising star".  There might have been other
> translations in other languages in period -- the Orthodox churches,
> say.  Anyway, it looks like a lead to investigate.

My point was that modern translations translate into modern vernacular,
and modern dictionaries give definitions likewise in modern vernacular.

Chandra
classics minor, but it was a long time ago

--
Shri (Lord) Chandranath <chandra at plumes.org>, Insegnante of Mooneschadowe
"Per pale sable and gules, a decrescent argent."