[ANSTHRLD] Help wanted, Saturday in Austin.

Bordelon, Wendel Wendel_Bordelon at bmc.com
Fri May 31 11:46:44 PDT 2002

Greetings worthy helpful and generous heralds of Ansteorra!

This weekend Mari, Daniel and I are attempting to get caught
up on all the filing and labeling needed for the SCA Herald's
office (Laurel Sovereign of Arms).  And we sure could use
the help.

No heraldic knowledge required.  All you need to be able to
to is either sort by alphabet or use a rubber stamp or even
just apply stickers to folders.

We always have fun when we work together.  This will be no
exception.  There is a pool to play in when you need a break.
Munchies and snacks to keep us all going and dinner for the
helpers.

If you have some time Saturday 11AM until ... please come
help.  This invitation is not limited to the order of the
Heralds but is an open request for all the hands we can find.

Besides, I just knew this group of people would be where I
would find the most helpful, stylish and worthy of our
Kingdom :-)

Mari will give directions shortly. (see below)

--Francois la Flamme
  Laurel King of Arms

<<<  From Mari... >>

Greetings!

As Francois described, we will be having a paper-pushing and pool party at
my house in Austin this Saturday.  The goal is to get caught up on all the
outstanding paperwork for the Laurel Sovereign of Arms office.  Things that
will be going on:

- putting printouts in folders
- putting stickers on file folders
- stamping forms
- putting files into file cabinets
- sorting forms
- other bits of filing if we get done with the stuff listed above

and, of course, eating, generally having a good time, and hanging out in
the pool (an above-ground pool; 18' diameter, 4 & 1/2 feet tall - great for
soaking, water gun fights, whatever).

My guess is that we need to update and file somewhere over 800 folders, so
we need all the help we can get.  If you or anyone you know is interested
in helping out, please let me know so I can make sure we have enough food
and the right types of soda, etc.  As Francois noted, this is an open
invitation to anyone.   Crash space is available on a first come basis.

Note to those people who are allergic to cats: I have five cats (well, four
cats and a half-grown kitten).  Given my own allergies, I keep the place
clean.  But with that much fur, I could vacuum on Saturday morning and
there would still be fur on stuff in no time at all.  (The filter for
allergens in the air conditioner system takes care of most of the airborne
stuff.)

I'm attaching directions to my house to the bottom of this message.  If
anyone needs directions from a different area, please let me know and I'll
provide them.

My home phone is (512) 250-1542 if anyone has questions.

Thanks!

--Mari Elspeth nic Bryan
  Pelican Queen of Arms

----------------------------------

Directions from central Austin:

Take your best route to 183 North
Get off at the McNeil exit and head east (right).
Pass two lights and take a left at the next street
	which is Blackfoot (this is the first street
	after Sonic).
Go through 2 stop signs and turn left at the
	next street which is Potters Trail.
The house is the 4th on the left (7323 Potters Trail).

----------------------------------

Directions from east of Austin (incl. Houston):

Take either 290 or "10 to 71" to Hwy 183 in Austin
Head north on 183 (towards Lampassas)
You will go through lights until you approach 35, at
	which point, 183 will become a real expressway
	(with overpasses, no lights, etc.)
About 8 miles after the last light, take the exit for
	McNeil and go right (east) on McNeil.
Pass two lights and take a left at the next street
	which is Blackfoot (this is the first street
	after Sonic).
Go through 2 stop signs and turn left at the
	next street which is Potters Trail.
The house is the 4th on the left (7323 Potters Trail).

----------------------------------

Directions from south of Austin:

Take 35 north past downtown Austin.
Take exit 240B (183 north - towards Lampassas).
After about 7.5 miles, take the exit for McNeil and
	go right (east) on McNeil.
Pass two lights and take a left at the next street
	which is Blackfoot (this is the first street after Sonic).
Go through 2 stop signs and turn left at the
	next street which is Potters Trail.
The house is the 4th on the left (7323 Potters Trail).

----------------------------------

Directions from Round Rock or north of Austin:

Take I-35 south to exit 250 (RM 1325)
	[Garden Ridge is on the right at that corner].
Make a right on 1325 (may be marked as SH 45 - construction
	for SH 45 is in progress).
The road (SH 45 at this point) will head west for about 1/2 a
	mile to a mile. At a stop light, you will need to turn
	left onto 1325.  If you miss the turn, you will hit a light
	at county road 172 where you can't go straight because the
	construction isn't completeted yet.  Turn left onto 172.
	The next light is 1325 and you can turn right at this
	point to get onto 1325.
Continue south on 1325.  At a light labeled "Wells Branch" on
	the left and "Howard" on the right, you will turn right.
	[Abbott Labs is on the right at this corner.]
This road becomes named McNeil after a short while
	(you won't notice any difference.)
Pass McNeil High School on your right.
Go through the light at Parmer. [Texaco on the right
	at this intersection.]
Pass two lights (not including Parmer) and turn right
	at the next street which is Blackfoot
	[If you pass the Sonic, you've gone too far.]