[ANSTHRLD] bodkins

ravenrux at cox.net ravenrux at cox.net
Thu Nov 7 11:20:48 PST 2002

I am working on a badge for a group in Northkeep.  We are now considering "On a chessrook per pale gules and argent three pheons in pale points downward sable" or "on a chessrook per pale gules and sable three pheons in pale points downward argent."  However, someone came up with the idea of using bodkins, but the only reference I could find is for a tailor's bodkin (needle), and this wasn't registered with the SCA.  Does anyone know if bodkins arrowheads are permitted in SCA heraldry and how you would blazon them if they were?   Thanx.