[ANSTHRLD] skeletons

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Fri Nov 8 07:32:34 PST 2002

     Gargoyles didn't  *have*  skeletons.  AFAICT, other than the
tube/tunnel/waterspout inside each for the rain to gurgle through, they were
solid rock.

     A gargoyle might be sculpted to look like a person or devil or dragon
or other specific creature, or simply some nameless grotesque, but I don't
believe there was any standardized form that a medieval would recognize as a
"gargoyle" if he saw it in the flesh, so to speak.

Your honours in dutie.

Brendan,
Pilgrim
----
"These are my opinions.  If they were the biblical truth, your bushes would
be burning."