[ANSTHRLD] bodkins

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Fri Nov 8 07:47:56 PST 2002

Mor ingen Cathail scripsit:

> I believe an arrowhead is an arrowhead is an arrowhead, and the drawing of
its
> style is artistic license...

     Remember that even if things are considered identical as far as
conflict is concerned, it does  *not*  necessarily follow that how it's
drawn is merely artistic license.  A horse is a zebra is a donkey, when
you're checking for conflicts, but when you're blazoning or emblazoning only
one of those choices will be correct for a particular piece of armory.

     Likewise, if the blazon specifies a pheon, artistic license does not
extend to drawing  a regular arrowhead.

     That said, I'm not familiar with a bodkin as an arrowhead type, and I
suspect that any submission of such would require documentation of period
depictions distinguishing it from other arrowhead types.

Your honours in dutie.

Brendan Pilgrim,
Pilgrim Pursuivant
------
"One should never, on the other hand, mistake one's personal philosophy and
understanding of those topics for the Word of God handed down on stone
tablets."
--Tangwystyl verch Morgant Glasvryn