[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check

Kitty O'Neal kitty at swbell.net
Tue Nov 26 14:18:29 PST 2002

In the ongoing saga that I like to refer to as 'The Onomastician descends
into the Underworld in search of a Device', I believe I have found something
that should work.  It is 'per pale pean and gules ermined Or'.  I had
Etienne look it up and all he found was:

Llewellyn Sheridan
    The following device associated with this name was registered in
November of 1984 (via Caid):
    Per pale pean, and gules ermined Or, a wavy sword proper between two
demi-dragons combattant argent, the dexter one bellied and spined gules and
the sinister one bellied and spined sable.

and

Richard Alain du Main
    The following device associated with this name was registered in April
of 1986 (via Calontir):
    Per pale pean and erminois, a dragon sejant guardant per pale Or and
sable and in chief four estoiles gules.

Which he assures me are clear of conflict.  Additionally, I found:

Seamus Ruadh
    This name was registered in October of 1998 (via An Tir).
    The following device associated with this name was registered in
September of 1999 (via An Tir):
Gules ermined Or, a label argent.
    The following badge associated with this name was registered in
September of 1999 (via An Tir):
Quarterly gules ermined Or and pean.

I'm wondering if Quarterly and per pale are signifigantly different, or if
I'll have to send a permission to conflict letter to him anyway(he being the
person my first device idea conflicted with, which started this whole
debacle in the first place)?

Many thanks,

Kat'ryna Iana Stepanova doch'
Deputy Hospitaller