[ANSTHRLD] Question about 3 Kings Heraldry

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Oct 24 21:00:55 PDT 2002

Got some answers about arms for Henry the Lion.

My initial idea: be anachronistic.  Quarter Bavaria
    Lozengy bendwise azure and argent.
and Saxony
    Barry sable and Or, a crancelin vert.
    (A crancelin is a bend engrailed on the upper edge the points
    trefly; it is usually enarched.)
both probably from after his time.