[ANSTHRLD] Fw: Submission

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 1 23:50:52 PDT 2002

The submission is in conflict with
Boniface de Tennequay September of 1986 (via the East):
Sable, a coney rampant argent, maintaining a torch Or.

The torch is excluded from consideration for CD since
it is a maintained charge.

This leaves no CD for the field, both are sable. There
are no CDs for position, type, or tincture of the charge.
The only difference is an insignificant maintained
charge so it was returned for conflict.  Identical
conflict as far as CDs are counted.

I would admonish all commenting groups not to make fun
of names and armory in published commentary.

> > First, Lothar is in fact a tribal Germanic name, along
> > with its variations; Lothair(grandson of Charlemagne),
> > Lothere(Bishop of the West Saxons-776AD),
> > Clothar(Marovingian King of the Franks) and later,
> > Luther. My period is late 8th to early 9th century
> > Saxon, not English Saxon, mainland Saxon.

Which demonstrates my point from commentary.  The name is
Frankish and not Saxon for your century.  It comes down
into German by 1100 (probably Middle Low German).
Related names are Ludwig and Luther of similar origin.

> > Second, the byname Wildehaer, is reference to the furs
> > with which I adorn myself. Wildehara is but one of the
> > 7 furs I am known to wear. Any reference to the
> > wildeharr, on my head, is purely in the eye of the
> > beholder. The Anglo-Saxon reference that I provided
> > was, I thought, a preferable source than my High
> > German dictionary, though there is little difference
> > in language.

It should be possible to get the byname into Middle
German around 1100, either High or Low.  I don't know
if you can push it further back in time.  Old High
German has survived but I doubt there is much for
Saxon or Frisian during that period.  Frankish
pretty much drowned them before contributing to
French and German.  My research into Dark Ages
languages on the continent is limited but I don't
know of anyone else working with it.

Magnus von Lubeck