[ANSTHRLD] Zelda and a Badge.

Eirik arbalest at ansteorra.org
Sun Sep 29 11:20:10 PDT 2002

> 1.
> Fieldless, In Chief, an dexter hand, sable,  maintaining a
> Besant, In Base,
> a sinister hand, gules, maintaining a wooden bowl, proper.

All elements of a fieldless badge must be cojoined to each other. You could
do:

Fieldless, a dexter hand sable maintaining a besant proper cojoined in base
to a sinister hand gules maintaining a wooden bowl proper.

> I believe that besants/coins are default OR and so I didn't add
> the tincture
> to the above.

You list each element with its color, because there is no color for the
besant; it defaults to the next mentioned color, gules. I added proper after
the besant in mine to match what you indicated.

> 2.
> Fieldless, A maiden maintaining a dexter wooden staff proper and
> a sinister
> wooden bowl proper.

I would say in sinister instead of a sinister. If you mean the bowl is on
the sinister side. I'm not sure how a sinister bowl would be different from
a bowl, which is what the blazon above says.

Eirik Halfdanarson
Arbalest Herald
Kingdom of Ansteorra
arbalest at ansteorra.org