[ANSTHRLD] Re Secretary bird conflicts

Blaise de Cormeilles blaise at scadian.net
Wed Apr 2 13:37:53 PST 2003

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 06:11:09PM +0000, doug bell wrote:

> >Having done so, I see only one potential problem:
> >Society for Creative Anachronism
> >The following seal associated with this name was registered in August of
> >1979 (via the West):
> >(Tinctureless) A secretary-bird sejant regardant. [Sagittarius
> >sepentarius]
> >for Privy Clerk to Morsulus Herald
>
> This registration has never been cited in an LoAR
> as a reason for conflict and return.
>
> The secretary bird looks like a vulture with the long
> legs of a heron or other wading bird.  Truly an
> odd beast that couldn't be mixed up with an owl
> unless you are blind.

Never having seen a secretary bird (and not having time to try to find a
graphic at work), I couldn't tell.  Thank you for providing the
description; now I'll know.

Blaise
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-          /"\
SKA Seigneur Blaise de Cormeilles                 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN