[ANSTHRLD] April 2003 Ansteorran Gazette

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Thu Apr 3 14:54:45 PST 2003

"Haines, Paul" <PHA at allseas.com> wrote:
>> Or, semy of mullets of five greater and five lesser points sable.
>
> Not sure if this is related or not, but I believe that design with
> regards to mantles in achievements is restricted to past Crowns.

A citation is at <http://www.ansteorra.org/heraldry/achievements/>

    3. Mantling including a semy of Mullets of Five greater and Five
       Lesser Points is reserved to past crowns of Ansteorra.

> I'm not sure if that has any connection to badges though.

It can't.  Registration of badges is done by Laurel using Laurel's
rules, which takes no notice of what kingdoms might like to restrict
for their own reasons.  If kingdom returned it for some reason, he
could appeal to Laurel; nobody in the entire heraldic structure can
block an appeal past them.

In any event, a badge is not mantling.

Daniel de Lincolia
--