[ANSTHRLD] help with a submission

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Apr 3 21:24:45 PST 2003

Thanks for interleaving replies with the text you're replying to.  If
I may, I would like to ask that you put replies *after* the text
you're replying to.  People tend to read top-down, so it's much less
confusing to follow cause-and-effect and read the prerequisite and
then the response.

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Cindi Picou <cdpicou at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > "Sable, on a chevron raguly Or, three gryphon's heads erased
> > contourny vert."
> >
> > That says that the field is black, there's a chevron raguly on it
> > that's gold, and on the chevron are three green griffin's heads
> > facing the viewer's right, with jagged edges where their heads
> > were ripped off their bodies.  Does this match the emblazon
> > (picture)?
>
> The client and I were not sure about how to emblazon the direction
> the heads face, and he does want them to face left.

Just to make sure, because left and right are confusing in armory: she
wants the heads to be facing the _viewer_'s left?  If so, that's the
default "facing dexter" and it need not be blazoned.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com; work is tmcd at us.ibm.com.