[ANSTHRLD] FW: Some heraldry help needed for 'The Fray'

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at bmc.com
Mon Apr 14 10:57:21 PDT 2003

>I received the email below this weekend after a phone call on the same
>topic. It seems there are a number of new members in 'The Fray' and they
>are holding a party to work on getting names and devices to register in
>the SCA.
>
>Devices shouldn't be a problem and I can always use more help with
>conflict checking. The real problem is in the Onomastics. I have few
>resources and unfortunately little knowledge in this area and am in need
>of a couple of heralds to help out in this area.

Will someone there have internet access?  If so, then the easiest thing for
them to do may be to surf the Medieval Names Archive
(http://www.panix.com/~mittle/names/).  It's broken down by culture.  Not
everything you could possibly want is up there.  If you can get copies of
Geirr Bassi and Reaney & Wilson to the party, that should fill in the main
holes.

Mari