[ANSTHRLD] FW: [Steppes] Plea for the SCA

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at bmc.com
Thu Apr 24 14:43:29 PDT 2003

>I reiterate:  old commentary from before the time when commentors would
>expect to see their comments posted widely should be removed from the
>website--immediately.
>
>--Serena Lascelles
>Legal scholar

I just checked the Internal Collated Commenatary page
(http://www.ansteorra.org/heraldry/ICC/) and it only has ICCs back to Nov.
of 1996.  I started taking part in Ansteorran ICC in June of 1997.  At that
time, it was explained to me that the ICC was published in the Gazette,
which went to each group and so was available to the submitters.  My
impression at that time was that this policy had been in place for some
time.  So, my bet is that all the ICCs that are on the ICC page were
written at a time when the commenters knew that their commentary was
available to the submitters.  I can't say for certain for Nov. 1996 - May
1997, but I would be extraordinarily surprised if it was a new policy when
I started commenting in June of 1997.

The earliest Gazette on the Ansteorran Gazette page
(http://www.ansteorra.org/heraldry/gazette/) dates from July of 1998 so the
commentary in those Gazettes is actually newer than the the older ICCs
available on the ICC page.  So all the commentary in the online Gazettes
was, in fact, written at a time when the commenters knew their commentary
was available to submitters.

Mari