[ANSTHRLD] Guillaum de Muerte

Brent.Ryder at compucom.com Brent.Ryder at compucom.com
Fri Apr 25 05:57:27 PDT 2003

> > 3) Guillaum de Muerte
> >
> > The submitter is know as 'Bones', hence the 'de Muerte'. If someone
has
> > something closer, let me know. The submitter does not have a
specific
> > time period, but did mention Spanish as a culture.
>
> I have yet to see the given name Guillaum or Muerte in any of the
articles
> I've seen.   The name is supposed to mean William of the Bones?  Is it
> supposed to be a name for a medical person, or gravedigger, or
descriptive
> because he is thin?

Well there's the thing. We were working with low resources so had to go
with what was avaiable. The submitter's everyday nickname is 'Bones' and
he chose the SCA given name of 'Guillaum' which to me sounded French and
which he conceded while also stating that he wanted a Spanish
name/surname. Last I saw him looking at were names from the Iberian
peninsula which was as close as the online resource Mari forwarded got
to Spanish. (Unless we missed something which is entirely possible)

If you have a better surname, Spanish preferrably, with the nickname
'Bones', for whatever reasoning you want to give it, I would be happy to
forward the suggestion to the submittor.

My onomastic resources are very thin unfortunately. Sort of goes with my
lack of onomastic knowledge ;)

Borek