[ANSTHRLD] Copyright stuff

ravenrux at cox.net ravenrux at cox.net
Tue Apr 1 12:53:48 PST 2003

Actually, the mundane law wouldn't be concerned with "differences".  The courts consider each graphic design a separate entity.  Recently (and I'm not sure whether this is law or precedence) the courts have taken to considering whether the "average person" would consider the two works to be the same or that one was derived from the other.  If they determine this is the case, it is ruled to be a copyright violation.  But, like many of you have already stated, it is unlikely that an SCA device would ever by involved in a copyright suit.  The only likely scenario I can see is if a company used a graphic design which was really similiar to an SCA device and one or the other of the involved parties sued for infringement.

Masamune no Yahaki