[ANSTHRLD] Conflict check requested

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Wed Apr 2 08:38:05 PST 2003

Blaise de Cormeilles <blaise at scadian.net> wrote:

I don't suppose you can cut down on the number of Habease header
lines?

> However, in some cases owls can conflict with other birds, so it is
> profitable in a general sense to check all ermine birds close.

Urf.  Good point.  Serena, my PVT EMAIL was incomplete in my check.

> (Tinctureless) A secretary-bird sejant regardant. [Sagittarius
> sepentarius]
> for Privy Clerk to Morsulus Herald

> So this boils down to whether a secretary-bird sejant regardant is
> sufficiently different from an owl close guardant to get a CD.  I
> would suspect so but "'tis a judgement call for Laurel, I'm afraid."

Well, Adelicia Gilwell, now Tagliaferro, got "[Fieldless] An owl Or"
registered without comment in 1994.  That doesn't mean that there's a
guarantee -- Laurel could have just been having a bad day, or nobody
happened to notice the conflict.  But it does give hope.

Looking at <http://www.honoluluzoo.org/images/secretary_birds.jpg>, I
can't imagine not getting a CD, even if that vulture-crane-like
beast is sejant.  I have the emblazon at home and can check.

Daniel "as if there's a Privy Clerk to Morsulus now, and as if some
other Laurel-level clerk doesn't deserve a badge" de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com; tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work address