[ANSTHRLD] Device Feedback

PKieferjr at aol.com PKieferjr at aol.com
Thu Aug 7 00:22:34 PDT 2003

In a message dated 8/7/2003 12:16:58 AM Central Daylight Time,
jpercer at stx.rr.com writes:

> Lozengy Or and Tenne, on a chief sable in between two wolves sejant with
> heads erect, a moon in its splendor argent.

Sorry, but "tenne" is not an officially accepted SCA tincture.  You're right
about the blazon, but it runs afoul of RfS VII.2 and 7(a).  This is also
supported by a recent ruling made by Elsbeth Ann Roth for the May of 2001 LoAR
concerning the device submission of Catrina Mackrae:  "The large emblazon had the
sun colored 'tenne'. As this is not a registerable heraldic tincture, we must
return the device."

Lord Johann Kiefer Hayden (Paul E. Kiefer, Jr.)