[ANSTHRLD] Device Feedback

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Thu Aug 7 11:19:22 PDT 2003

Sara L Friedemann <liana at ellipsis.cx> wrote:
> [Daniel:]
>> Sun in [its] splendor, moon in (its|her) (complement|plenitude).
>
> Sun in _his_ splendor, moon in _her_ complement/plentitude,

"in its splendor" has been registered six times just since 2000.
"in his splendor" is indeed also correct, as is "in splendor", and I
should have mentioned them.

Since 2000, in acceptances and returns:

sun in      : 18
sun in his  : 14
sun in its  : 10
sun in glory:  2  (didn't even know about this one, but Parker gives it)

moon in her plenitude : 6
moon in her complement: 2

I suspect that Laurel just keeps the blazon however it appears on the
LoI, as with named roundels and some other equivalent blazons.

> and I seem to remember that this specifically came up in a recent
> LoAR.

Unless "recent" includes before 2000, apparently not.

Daniel in Glory
--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com; tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work address