[ANSTHRLD] Use of "Thane"/"Ring Thegn"

Etienne de St. Amaranth star at ansteorra.org
Tue Dec 30 15:24:27 PST 2003

At 04:42 PM 12/30/2003, you wrote:
>Robin & I have also found the list of Ring-Thegns, in both the last
>Principality of Ansteorra OP and the May 1, 1980 OP, which he helped compile.
>I will type up that list and send it to Zodiacus, with annotations as to
>original name under which it was received, the recipient's current name (if
>known), and the household designation.

If you would, I would greatly appreciate it.  Based on your list of the
three non-armigerous and the three armigerous orders/awards, the other five
are listed in the OP.  The Ring Thegns were an award given by the Crown
(like our gauntlet and glove today) and their recognition should be recorded.

Thanks to all,
Etienne
Star